Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Harold Ford Jr.: 'I am strongly considering running for the United States Senate'

Despite strong objections by the White House it appears former Tennessee Congressman Harold Ford Jr. may be entering the New York Democratic primary against Charles Schumer puppet Kirsten Gillibrand.
It's true: I am strongly considering running for the United States Senate.

I do so because our best as a nation has always come when we test our ideas and ourselves, and when we trust competition to refine the steel of our convictions and the truth of our arguments.

Some have already questioned whether I should be running.

Others are falsifying my record in public life.

New Yorkers deserve a free election.

New Yorkers expect a politics where politicians do what's right based on independent judgment, free of political bosses trying to dictate.

And New Yorkers want an honest and serious debate about how to grow our economy, create new jobs downstate and upstate and keep New York state and our country safe.

But first, some facts about me:

I moved to New York more than three years ago, have been a New York resident for more than a year and am a registered voter in New York City. My wife and I both work in Manhattan, proudly call lower Manhattan home and plan to start and raise a family in New York.

I am pro-choice -- have always been since I entered politics almost 15 years ago. My cumulative grade with NARAL during 10 years in Congress was right at 80 percent. Any assertions to the contrary are false.
I find it curious how the White House has repeatedly pressured David Paterson to not run this year and now objects to Ford.

Maybe they have something against light-skinned Negroes.

Oh wait, am I allowed to use that term?

Frankly, I doubt Ford stands much of a chance running against the Democrat machine.

No comments: