Sure, this will go over well. A nice poke in the eye from a Labour Scrooge to get things started:
'We can no longer define ourselves as a Christian nation, nor an especially religious one in any sense.Yes, maybe you ought to harken back to Churchill and figure out how to save a nation. Problem is, it may be too late.
'The empire is gone, church attendance is at historically low levels, and the Second World War is inexorably slipping from memory.'
Christmas should be downgraded in favour of festivals from other religions to improve race relations, says an explosive report.Don Surber asks
Labour's favourite think-tank says that because it would be hard to 'expunge' Christmas from the national calendar, 'even-handedness' means public organisations must start giving other religions equal footing.
The leaked findings of its investigation into identity, citizenship and community cohesion also propose:
• 'Birth ceremonies', at which state and parents agree to 'work in partnership' to bring up children
• Action to 'ensure access' for ethnic minorities to 'largely white' countryside
• An overhaul of Britain's 'imperial' honours system
• Bishops being thrown out of the House of Lords
• An end to 'sectarian' religious education
• Flying flags other than the Union Jack.
“Birth ceremonies.” Didn’t they have one of those in “Rosemary’s Baby”?Allahpundit is salivating over this choice cut.
What it’s calling for, in no uncertain terms, is social re-engineering on a broad scale to promote a “multicultural understanding of Britishness.”Yup, it's over.