Friday, October 02, 2009

Obama Finally Says Something Nice About America

Naturally, Obama's trip to Copenhagen was mostly self-serving.
“You see, growing up, my family moved around a lot,” he said. “I grew up in Hawaii, I lived in Indonesia for a time. I never really had roots in any one place or culture or ethnic group. Then I came to Chicago. And on those Chicago streets, I worked alongside men and women who were black and white, Latino and Asian, people of every class and nationality and religion.”
I think the guy is just a tad megalomaniacal.

On the upside, this was probably the first time he didn't apologize for America while overseas.

While over there he shockingly made time to squeeze in a meeting with General McChrystal, heretofore a stranger to the Commander-in-Chief.
It was the first meeting in person between the two since General McChrystal took over all American and NATO forces on the ground in June. The two spoke only once after that, in a video conference call in August, until this week when the general joined a conference with the president by video to discuss the situation in Afghanistan. Mr. Obama then spoke with the general by phone on Wednesday and realized he would be in London while the president was in Copenhagen and suggested they meet.

No comments: