Thursday, October 07, 2010

Megatool Rick Sanchez: 'CNN and I Have Decided to Part Ways'

Uh, dude, you were fired.
Rick Sanchez finally has something to say.

The disgraced former CNN anchor came out of hiding to issue a belated statement yesterday apologizing for the "inartful" words that got him fired from the cable news network last Friday.

After admitting that he personally apologized to Jon Stewart on Monday -- after calling him a "bigot" during a radio interview last week -- Sanchez said, "I sincerely extend this apology to anyone else whom I may have offended."

He went on to add that, "Despite what my tired and mangled words may have implied, they were never intended to suggest any sort of narrow-mindedness and should never have been made.

"In the aftermath of these comments, CNN and I have decided to part ways . . . There are no hard feelings -- just excitement about a new future of opportunities. I look forward to my next step with great anticipation."
You've already taken that next step, pal. To oblivion. How weak is that nonsense? I guess after his stupid comments he just decided to ring up management and tell them how excited he is to leaving for a bright new future of opportunity?

Maybe Stewart can give him a gig as a comedy writer.

No comments: