Friday, October 29, 2010

'I Think Nancy Pelosi's Going to be Speaker'

Now that we've discovered liberalism is a genetic disorder, I starting to think it also causes delusions.
With many political analysts predicting a Republican takeover of the House, Hoyer is poised to take the reins of the Democratic caucus if, as expected, Pelosi steps down in the aftermath of a GOP win.

And even if Democrats retain the House, a narrow path to the Speaker’s office could be opening for Hoyer. A handful of vulnerable Democrats have said they would not vote for Pelosi again, raising the possibility that she would not be elected to another term if the party’s margin is only a few seats.

True to form, Hoyer refuses to entertain any post-election scenarios, leaving no daylight between himself and the Speaker.

“What I’m thinking about is winning this election,” he said. “I believe we’re going to have the majority. I think Nancy Pelosi’s going to be Speaker.”

Asked about reported challenges to his own leadership post, Hoyer laughed and replied: “Let me repeat what I’m saying. I’m focusing on winning the majority.”
The better choice would be to simultaneously retire both Pelosi and Hoyer. Charles Lollar is a much superior choice. If you're in the Fifth District of Maryland, they'll be appearing at an open forum tonight.

No comments: