If Mayor Bloomberg thinks Occupy Wall Street protesters will fold up camp once winter sets in, he better think again.It's the ideal place for mental health counselors. Everyone there has obvious issues.
The Daily News was given a peak [sic] inside occupiers' storage space at 52 Broadway and saw shelves lined with blankets, sub-zero sleeping bags, heavy coats, cough syrup and even an assortment of herbal teas.
"I've heard some beginnings of some plans to prepare for winter occupation of the park," said Cory Thompson, 36, a protester staffing the storage space donated by the United Federation of Teachers.
Earlier this month, the mayor predicted the protest, entering its sixth week, will end at the first sign of frost.
"I think part of it has probably to do with the weather," Bloomberg said on Oct. 10, judging the protesters' stamina to keep their encampment at Zuccotti Park in the Financial District going.
Demonstrators counter that the mayor has gravely underestimated their resolve.
"We're going to need more coats and sleeping bags," said Steve Iskovitz, 51, a mental health counselor from Pittsburgh, who has been at the park for two weeks.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Brave Occupiers Huddle Up in the Cold
They look so cozy, although a medic might want to check up on the very dazed looking fellow on the left. We don't think he's there to protest anything. More like looking for a place to pass out. If they represent the so-called 99%, I don't think the remaining 1% needs to worry about anything.
Posted by JammieWearingFool at 7:40 AM