Sunday, May 17, 2009

'Some People Might Think I'm a Bit of a Sad Individual But I'm Not'

Well, nobody here is accusing him of being sad. Completely off his rocker, maybe, but not sad.
One Trekkie has boldly gone where no man has gone before - by decking out his entire flat as the show's famous starship.

Star Trek mad Tony Alleyne converted the whole of his studio apartment into a scene from the hit sc-fi TV series.

The 56-year-old originally made his flat into a replica of the 70s classic, but later decided he wanted a more futuristic look.

It was then he decided to fit out the apartment in the style of the ship in Star Trek Voyager, one of the later series.

The windows in the studio apartment in Hinckley, Leics, have been fitted with plexi-glass in between layers of wood - creating dark space portals.

Up above, Tony's reflection shimmers in the huge infinity mirrors that have replaced the normal ceiling panels.

Computer blips sound out all over the flat and Tony's doorbell echoes the sound of Trek actor Patrick Stewart in the famous Welcome to the 24th Century episode.

His voice-activated computer system turns on his fluorescent lighting every morning and he even has his own "beam me up" transporter.
Hard as it might be to believe, but he's available, ladies.
"It all started as therapy after I split with my wife - building every bit from scratch really helped me to deal with the stress of it all.
...
His ex-wife still owns the flat meaning Tony may be turfed out of his space bubble in the future.

Until then he is going to continue to add to his ship in every possible way.
Tony added: "My whole life over the last few years has gone into this, I have given up absolutely everything.

"Some people might think I'm a bit of a sad individual but I'm not. I'm just really into Star Trek - it's really my only vice in life.
Hot Air links. Thanks!

No comments: