Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Letterman Just Can't Shut Up About His Affairs

I guess he's just milking that ratings gravy train for all it's worth, proving he's not just a pig but a ratings whore as well. Once the buzz wears off, he might just realize a lot of people may soon be tuning him out, especially when he finally milks this dry and gets back to his usual bitter self.

But I reckon that's for another day, my friends, as tonight he goes to the well once again.
Dave is still talking scandal on the "Late Show".

At the taping of tonight’s show, host David Letterman made two quips about his multiple affairs with staffers and the wild extortion plot against him.

Before taping today he warmed up the audience by asking an Ohio woman if she follows Ohio State football.

"I know USC beat them recently, so how have you been doing since then?" Letterman asked.

"Recovering," the tourist replied.

"I know how that feels," Letterman said to audience guffaws.

At the start of his monologue, Letterman then hinted at the scandal.

"There is a trend in Broadway theater, the leading characters have understudies, so I was thinking I should get an understudy and I might need an understudy because I might not be here for a wide variety of reasons," he said, eliciting another round of laughter.

It continued the theme from yesterday, when he apologized to his wife Regina Lasko for bedding ex-producer Stephanie Birkitt and other underlings and allowed the scandal to dominate talk throughout the whole show.
Maybe when the laughter dies down he can hire someone who's actually funny to write his Top Ten material.

No comments: