Thursday, April 07, 2011

Obama Pays Tribute to Racist Tax Cheat: Sharpton and Obama 'Joined at the Hip'

The man has his priorities.
Though polls say 90 percent of African-Americans back the president, his campaign wants to make sure they turn out at the polls on Election Day.

It also shows Obama is willing to overlook the reverend's controversial past, including Sharpton's role in the 1987 Tawana Brawley debacle in which he supported a teen who falsely accused six men, including cops, of raping her.

Some guests couldn't help but notice how Sharpton's image has evolved from tracksuit-wearing rabble-rouser to DC Beltway insider.

"Sharpton started in the outhouse. Now the White House comes to him," quipped one person in attendance, who marveled at how Sharpton and Obama yesterday were "joined at the hip."

Obama at times sounded like he was in full campaign mode. He made sure to touch on jobs, a major issue for black America.

"We're making progress," he said. "But we're not there yet. So long as there are Americans who cannot find work, I will be fighting for jobs," the president said.

"That's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep at night.
Of course, that wasn't always the case. I guess it depends on the audience.
As President, my greatest responsibility is the security of the American people. It is the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. It's the last thing I think about when I go to sleep at night.

2 comments:

uncledan said...

Obama can make all the speeches he wants and the JournOList media can tell us all about falling unemployment, which is a iie. Fact is, virtually everyone in this country is, or knows someone who is broke, unemployed, or on the battlefield.

the wolf said...

"Come out and vote for me again, suckers!"