Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Introduces Mugshot of the Day

This is what we love about America's Greatest Sheriff. He's always thinking in an innovative and creative way. Now what could be better than providing an interactive service to your constituents than allowing them to vote on which piece of human debris gets the honor of Mugshot of the Day?

Today's lineup includes the charming fellow pictured above, who so far is the runaway leader of the inaugural vote.

It's all about public service, folks.
"I want people to tune in and see if their neighbor has been arrested," said Arpaio. "We decided to draw more people to our web.”

Arpaio said his website garners 800,000 visits a day.

CBS 5 asked Valley residents their opinion of the website’s new feature.

"I think it's ridiculous. He should focus more on his duties enforcing the law rather than things like this,” said John Jones. "Sheriff Joe's always been that way. He's always been looking for popularity."

"I think it's interesting. I don't think it's too outside the boundaries because with all the stuff on the Internet these days, you can pretty much vote for best anything," said Trent Parcells.

"He's a self promoter. That's all he is. I mean, if he really wants to do something -- how about that $99 million he just misspent rather than worry about these guys that are already in jail," said Jim Zanzucchi.

"I have no problem with it. I think it's very novel. The sheriff has always been innovative that way," said Tom Armstrong.

1 comment:

The Reaganite Republican said...

I don't know why they busted this poor guy, from what I can see Michael Jackson used to do that all the time, big deal