Saturday, September 24, 2011

Herman Cain Wins GOP Florida Straw Poll, Morgan Freeman Hardest Hit

This must be some kind of mind trick going on with those racist tea partiers.
Herman Cain pulled off a shocking upset victory in Florida’s Presidency 5 Straw Poll on Saturday. The Georgia businessman won more votes than the Republican primary's frontrunners -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney -- combined.

The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO captured 37 percent of the vote, while Perry took 15 percent and Romney took 14 percent.

Cain’s surprise win threatened to upend the popular notion that Perry had become almost untouchable just weeks after announcing his presidential bid. It also underscored Perry’s recent struggles on the campaign trail, including two weak debate performances and a barrage of attacks from other candidates over his positions on Social Security and immigration.
It also demolished the popular notion in liberal and media precincts that Republicans are racist, but that won't stop them from smearing people. It's who they are, it's what they do, it's all they have left.

Cain. meanwhile, scoffed at the punchy Obama supporter Morgan Freeman, who forever embarrassed himself with his absurd slander against tea partiers.
Despite the criticism, Cain said he wasn’t offended by Freeman’s comments. "Name calling is something that is going to continue in this because they don’t know how to stop this movement and this movement is making a big difference in politics," said Cain, the former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza.
An Obama-Cain matchup would be fascinating. In one corner you'd have a successful, articulate black man offering hope and change to the nation. In the other you'd have Barack Obama.

4 comments:

James Hlavac said...

Ah, Jammie, just imagine being a gay white tea party Palinista guy -- I'm called a "racist" cause I'm white; but an "Aunt Tom" because I'm gay, and a crazed lunatic for liking Palin -- I've been called a barbarian, told I'm going straight to hell, and Lord knows what else, by fundamentalists that are "so far right they are lefty big governmentalists". My tea party friends have been called "homophobic" -- and I defend you all, and at most I find most of you "gay-perplexed" -- and that's OK to me if you don't understand this yet (I've been at it 35 years, what's a few more, eh?) --

But the left, oh the left, they are out of their minds. Well, I do what I can -- first at places like this where I bring a perspective you might often not hear; and I do battle with the lefty gays; and I battle the crazed who think me and my buddies are the end of the world.

Oh, boy, do I live in a world of confusion -- theirs mostly, but a dash for me, OH well. I try -- but I keep adding; as I must -- in this resurrection of this nation, which will happen; don't forget to say "Hey, leaves those gays alone; they are not important to the bigger issues." Alas, Santorum hasn't grasped that yet; and we'll we've been taking care of him. :)

Richard Butler said...

Hey James - piss on all of em. Be proud that you're not a victim of group-think. The one size fits all bullshit is what has ruined a once great party - the dems. Just because you don't fit someone's idea of what should be a good Gay man be proud you aren't a cliche or stereotype.

This liberal attitude of what one should be or think is why I can never understand the overwhelming support of the dems by Jewish and Black voters. If they (the dems) think you're in their pocket it's all the more reason for them to take you for granted.

John Scotus said...

Yes, look what all those dumb racists went out and did. Freeman's a great actor, but a complete tool.

Richard Butler said...

I guess ol' Morgan really put his foot in his mouth on that one. I just wonder if he'll have the balls to follow up his ridiculous statement calling Tea Party members racists with a comment?

Nahhh, Being a democrap means never having to say you're sorry - or wrong.