Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Jeremiah Wright Gushes Over Obama

Lost in the mix of the revelations of Jeremiah Wright's marriage-wrecking escapades was the fact he slithered into New Jersey Sunday with little fanfare and proceeded to fawningly praise his good pal Barack Obama. Of course, we're supposed to believe the two of them no longer have a relationship after Obama claims to have left Wright's church.

Speaking of which, how's that search for a new church going, Senator? Haven't heard anything about that in months, nor does the media seems interested, although they've found a sudden interest in a certain small church in Alaska, bless their investigate hearts.

Anyway, Wright appeared in East Orange Sunday and it's as if he and Obama has never parted ways, which, frankly, I don't believe they truly have.
Given their public falling out this spring, it was far from certain the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright would speak favorably of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama when he preached in East Orange yesterday.

But in his afternoon sermon on Jesus' turning water into wine -- "the ordinary into the extraordinary" as Wright put it -- he neared the end of his 40-minute sermon with a riff on Obama that thrilled a church crowd of 300.

"Let me tell you how I know what I'm talking about," Wright said at Elmwood Presbyterian Church, where he leads a weeklong revival each September. "Twenty years ago, a scrawny little kid -- pointed nose, big ears, momma from Kansas, daddy from Kenya -- the Lord told him, an ordinary black boy, He told him, 'You could be a state senator ...'

"Not only did he become a state senator," Wright continued, as cheers rang up in the sanctuary, "this black boy with an African daddy from Kenya and a white American momma from Kansas, he had the audacity to hope, so he ran for the United States Senate, and the Lord turned the ordinary into the (extraordinary). And now! And now! Oh my God, and now! Whooo!"
After he stopped hyperventilating, Wright again veered off into that most fevered of all leftist maladies: Fox Derangement Syndrome.
Toward the sermon's end, though, he commanded the attention of those in the sanctuary and an overflow room, and drew grins, as he referred to the controversy briefly, mentioning two conservative cable TV commentators.

"I'm a testimony," Wright said from the pulpit, guided by lyrics to an African-American spiritual song. "I didn't make it on my own, and I'm not standing here alone. It was Jesus ... who gave me this opportunity. Not (Sean) Hannity. Not Bill O'Reilly. It was Jesus."

Then, he said, to cheers, "I ain't preaching for no journalists, I'm preaching for Jesus ... I ain't preaching for no president, I'm preaching for the prince of peace! ... Look at me! I'm a testimony! Stand on your feet!"
Whooo!

No comments: