Monday, September 29, 2008

'By the Time I'm Sworn In, I Will Look the Part'

Well, the way the polls keep trending, he'll be sworn in in January. Whether he'll ever look the part is up for debate.

Still, a bit too cocky for my taste and a transparently lame attempt to appeal to older voters.
Despite being relatively young at 47 compared to rival Republican candidate John McCain's 72 years, Obama admitted his hair is ageing and he is willing to embrace his ashen colour.

The Illinois junior senator said he will refrain from dyeing his greying curls because he believes the visible signs of ageing will help him appeal to older voters.

He said this month: 'They want to see more grey hairs. I would point out that over the past 19 months, I've accumulated quite a few.'

Obama's barber in Chicago, Zariff, who has cut the presidential candidate's hair for 15 years, says his famous client started going grey three years ago.

He said: 'It has showed up a little bit more, especially in the past year...

'Well, if he’s under any stress, I don’t notice it. He’s pretty smooth when it comes to that.'

Zariff said he cuts Obama's hair once a week, at the cost of $21 a pop.

In July, a confident Obama said: 'The grey is coming quick. By the time I'm sworn in, I will look the part.'
Got to give him some props at least for not blowing hundreds of dollars on a haircut like Bill Clinton or John Edwards. And imagine my surprise that a guy named Zariff only charges $21.

Seriously, though, I don't think in the end your hair color is going to matter to people who take their vote seriously.

No comments: