Wednesday, November 18, 2009

'I Think She's Fascinating'

Uh oh. It appears even diehard Obamatons are succumbing to Palinmania.
Robert Burack, of Redford, has a confession. He's a self-professed "big liberal," and even served as Midwest high school director for the Obama campaign.

So why did he spend the night for a chance to meet Sarah Palin?

"I think she's fascinating," he said, sitting for the day with his wristband. "I don't understand everything she thinks, but she's just so intriguing. I don't agree with her on the issues, but I really like her as a person."

Barnes & Noble handed out 950 writstbands to allow people to stand in line tonight to have Palin sign their copy of "Going Rogue," her bestseller. This is Palin's first stop and her only Michigan stop on the book tour.

Burack, 18, was among the first of the day to by a pizza from Sbarro's, and it's going to serve as breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"It's got to last me all day," he said. "I figure I can have a slice every 90 minutes."

He asked NBC television reporter Andrea Mitchell to sign his Palin book -- she wrote "Way to go!" -- but asked her to ink one of the back pages.

"I didn't want to take a chance that Palin would see it and be offended and not sign my book after all these hours," he said.
Sure looks like a lot of people waiting on line.

No comments: