Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why Work When You Can Play the Victim and File Frivolous Lawsuits?

I guess Tom Vilsack didn't offer her a sweet enough bribe to come back to work. Whatever. She can now sit around and revel in false reporting and the hopes she can shake Andrew Breitbart down for some money.

Good luck with that.
Shirley Sherrod, the government official forced to quit last month after being falsely accused of making racist comments, refused an offer to return to work at the USDA full-time.

Since the flap over her remarks, Sherrod has not appeared eager to take a new job with the agency. She held talks with Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack Tuesday.

"I just don't think at this point with all that has happened," she told reporters, though she admitted she was "tempted" to take the job.

Sherrod will remain affiliated with the agency as a consultant.

"I think I can be helpful to him (Vilsack) and the department if I just take a little break and look at how I can be more helpful in the future," she said.

No comments: