Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sick of Being Associated With Keith Olbermann, John Madden Retires From NBC

Nah, just kidding about that Olbermann part. But I'm sure he thinks Keithy's a dick anyway.

Anyway, Madden apparently is retiring to, you guessed it, spend more time with his family. Good idea, I guess, now that he's 73 years old.
John Madden, the most recognized analyst in television sports, is calling it quits.

In a statement issued Thursday morning, Madden, who was NBC's No. 1 NFL analyst on the Peacock's Sunday night package, said: "It's time. I'm 73 years old...It's been such a great ride...the NFL has been my life for more than 40 years, it has been my passion - it still is. I appreciate all of the people who are and were such an important part of the most enjoyable, most fun anyone could have...It's still fun and that's what makes it hard and that's why it took me a few months to make a decision."

There was some speculation last season concerning Madden's future when he missed one game. At that time, NBC Sports boss Dick Ebersol said Madden just needed a brief rest.

No comments: