Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Betsy McCaughey Slaps Down Olbermann

It's all well and good that Betsy McCaughey points out that Keith Olbermann is a lying fraud, but don't sit around waiting for an apology. Feel free to sue him if you can, however.
The following is from Betsy McCaughey, Ph.D., the author of the recent Bloomberg.com article, "Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan."

I am requesting that MSNBC and Keith Olbermann apologize and issue a correction.

Mr. Olbermann charges that I, Betsy McCaughey, Ph.D. was paid, directly or indirectly, by the pharmaceutical industry, the biotech industry, the Hudson Institute, or Cantel Medical Corp. to write my analysis of the stimulus bill or speak about that issue. All these charges are false.

I have shown all these charges to be false in a previous statement except the new charge regarding my board membership at Cantel Medical Corp. I serve on the board of Cantel Medical Corp. as a patient advocate and infection prevention expert. No one at Cantel Medical has ever asked me about the stimulus bill or requested that I address the issue. I have not discussed the issue with anyone in the company. I urge those who are interested to contact Cantel Medical directly.
Read the rest.

No doubt Olbermann was probably dumb enough to use his usual nutroots talking points without bothering to check the facts. What a surprise.

Here's the original Bloomberg piece that started it all.

McCaughey last week challenged the factually-challenged Olbermann to a debate. Again, good luck with that.

Olbermann is the king of the cheapshot, ad hominem attack. He couldn't possibly match up with an intellect such as McCaughey. Here's hoping McCaughey goes after MSNBC and their parent company, GE. The time will come when this drive-by outfit is held to account for their lies and promoting leftwing propaganda. They're already at the bottom of the cable news ratings for a reason.

No comments: