Thursday, February 26, 2009

U.S. Deports Freed Muslim Bomber: 'He's a Very Dangerous Man'

We mentioned this maggot a month ago and there was apparently little outrage as his release went unnoticed.

Well, now he's been deported to parts unknown.
A law enforcement official says a Black September terrorist convicted of planting three car bombs in New York City has been deported.

It's unclear which country has agreed to accept the 63-year-old Khalid Al-Jawary who was convicted in Brooklyn federal court of placing the bombs in 1973 that would have killed and injured hundreds. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the deportation.

Al-Jawary was captured in 1991 and sentenced in 1993 to 30 years but served only half his sentence. He was released a week ago from federal prison.
A refresher from the first link:
Government documents link Al-Jawary to Black September's murderous letter-bombing campaign targeting world leaders in the 1970s and a botched terrorist attack in 1979. Former intelligence officials suspect he had a role in the bombing of a TWA flight in 1974 that killed 88 people.

"He's a very dangerous man," said Mike Finnegan, the former FBI counterterrorism agent who captured Al-Jawary. "A very bad guy."

The events linked to Al-Jawary happened long ago, when the conflagration in the Middle East spread around the world; he is being released into another century, one in which the scale of terrorism has grown exponentially, even bringing down two of New York's skyscrapers.

Al-Jawary has long insisted that he was framed and that the government has the wrong guy. Al-Jawary declined an interview through prison officials and has since failed to answer letters mailed to him in the last year and a half, but his former lawyer, Ron Kuby, insists he "wasn't a threat in 1991 and he's not a threat now."

Federal prosecutors didn't see it that way. They point to his trip to the United States in the 1970s as proof.

A slender, nattily dressed man with a thin mustache, Al-Jawary walked into the U.S. Embassy in Beirut in November 1972 and applied for a visa using a phony Iraqi passport. He answered some routine questions, had his picture taken and was granted a visa.

On Jan. 12, 1973, Al-Jawary flew to Boston via Montreal and then to New York City.

Five days later, after the bureau's office in Tel Aviv received a tip in connection to another investigation, agents tried to locate a man who later turned out to be Al-Jawary.

They found him in New York City and conducted a perfunctory interview. Where do you live? Baghdad. Why did you come here? Flight training at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey.
I suspect we'll be hearing more from this monster.

No comments: