Monday, June 15, 2009

Damage Control: Letterman Offers Apology to Palin

I guess this doofus really started feeling the heat. Well, it's a week late in coming and he's probably hearing it from CBS brass, so here's what he came up with for tonight's program.
"I had, honestly, no idea that the 14-year-old girl, I had no idea that anybody was at the ball game except the governor, and I was told at the time she was there with Rudy Giuliani," Letterman said. "It’s not your fault that it was misunderstood, it’s my fault. ... So I would like to apologize, especially to the two daughters involved, Bristol and Willow, and also to the governor and her family and everybody else who was outraged by the joke."

The comedian's jokes about Palin's family last week caused an uproar. One CBS advertiser has reportedly pulled its ads in response to the subsequent protests, which have demanded CBS fire Letterman.
The full text is at the link.

Amazing how one can go from being so smug and arrogant to humbled in just a week. The threat of advertisers pulling out can have that effect on bitter old cranks.

No comments: