Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Miss California: Marriage Is Between a Man and a Woman

Too funny. Heads are definitely popping over this, and said on Fox News to boot.
Tami Farrell, the newly crowned beauty
queen who is replacing the ousted Carrie Prejean as Miss California, apparently holds the same view as her predecessor, Carrie Prejean, that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Fox News host Neil Cavuto asked Farrell, who is Christian, on his show today:

"[Prejean] went out and said that a marriage is between a man and a woman. Do you share that view?"

Farrell responded in the affirmative with a simple, "Uh huh."


"You do, OK," said Cavuto.

Farrell quickly added: "I don't think that I have the right or anybody has a right to tell somebody who they can or can't love. And I think that this is a civil rights issue. And I think that the right thing to do is let the voters decide."
Uh, which they did already.

Update: Via Hot Air, the video.



Not exactly a ringing endorsement and as noted, maybe she's not reading the cue cards right. Best point of all, and one many have wondered:
“You know, I think it’s hilarious right now that the world is turning to beauty queens for the answers for this. I think it’s an important issue and I think that it’s one that I don’t think I can win a battle. I don’t want to be any more divisive than it’s already become.”
Instapundit links. Thanks!

More thoughts from Don Surber.

No comments: