Friday, February 05, 2010

Palin's Uterine Stalker Offers Apology

No, he doesn't actually apologize for his creepy, obsessive behavior when it comes to the bizarre fascination with Trig Palin. He laments not seeing John Edwards for the fraud he is. Funny, but the rest of the planet knew Edwards was a lowlife while at the same time we all know Trig really is Sarah's son. He promises to get to the bottom of that eventually.
I've been thinking about what seems to me a double standard in my treatment of vice-presidential frauds, with respect to Sarah Palin and John Edwards, and trying to figure out where I went wrong. No, I'm not backtracking on Palin: all I regret is not being able to expose her for real yet. But I'm a blogger not an investigative reporter; my job as I see it, is to make sense of the facts on the table and disseminate them, not to do the vital legwork to get new facts. And there's also the obvious fact that Palin was a total unknown and we had only two months to figure out who she was, especially since she wasn't vetted by McCain in any serious way.
It didn't take two months before he ran with the unfounded rumor that Trig was not Sarah's baby, and now 18 months later he still promises to get to the bottom of a non-story.

Let it go already.
With Palin, people assumed that because she was a governor, she had a baseline level of competence, logic, general knowledge and mental stability. Wrong. On the Trig stuff, it was just too absurd to doubt her story, however factually implausible it appeared.
A mentally ill man is now questioning Sarah Palin's mental stability. A question for The Atlantic: Why is this man still employed by you?

I'm not the only one questioning his sanity.
As much as I generally enjoy Sullivan, I think I have to call bullsh*t here: how is spending twelve months-plus relentless questioning (with zero proof, it should be noted) the parentage of Trig Palin not an investigation of someone’s private life and/or something that “coarsens our discourse, violates human dignity.” It’s not.
How far has Sullivan fallen? Well, some obscure blog is only four spots behind Sullivan.

No comments: