Sunday, September 06, 2009

Van Tossed Under the Bus

Can't say we didn't see this one coming. I was a bit premature, however.

The Washington Post says the resignation of Obama's Communist Truther pal comes after weeks of controversy. Hmm. Then why did most of the media ignore this controversy?
White House environmental adviser Van Jones resigned Saturday after weeks of controversy stemming from his past activism.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones, special adviser for green jobs at the White House Council on Environmental Quality, said in a statement announcing his resignation just after midnight Saturday. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."
A historic fight for clean energy? What the hell is this maniac babbling about?
He continued: "I have been inundated with calls -- from across the political spectrum -- urging me to 'stay and fight.' But I came here to fight for others, not for myself. I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future."
Across the political spectrum? What, from the far left to the hardline Communist?

More fallout here.

No comments: