Sunday, November 23, 2008

'I Don't Understand Why I'm Here. I Don't Have a Reason'

I wonder if he's tried the ticket counter? That might be a good place to start if he ever wants to get out of the airport.
PASSENGERS complaining about delays should spare a thought for a Japanese tourist who has spent almost three months in the Mexico City airport.

Hiroshi Nohara flew into Mexico on September 2 with a tourist visa and a return ticket home, but has never left the airport.

For reasons he can't explain, Nohara has been in Terminal 1 of the Benito Juarez International Airport, surviving off donations from fast food restaurants and passengers and sleeping in a chair.

Striking similarities to Tom Hanks' character in the film The Terminal, the Tokyo native has become a local celebrity and says he had no motive for his extended stay and doesn't know how much longer he'll remain.

"I don't understand why I'm here. I don't have a reason," Mr Nohara told AP news service.

No comments: