Friday, November 28, 2008

'If I Have a Bite of This Cookie It's Going to Make Me Feel Good'

Introducing the Obama cookie. One bite and the world is once again a shiny, happy place.

No, it's not a black and white. That would probably be a bit overt. It's chocolate chunk.
Want an example of the change Barack Obama is bringing to the country?

Check out cookie sales at Baby Boomers Cafe in Des Moines.

Ever since word spread about the president-elect and his family's fondness for Baby Boomers' chocolate chunk cookies, the small downtown restaurant can't bake them fast enough.

"Two months ago I was giving these cookies away," said co-owner Rodney Maxfield. "Now, it's like 'I need two dozen cookies. I need four-dozen cookies.'"
A regular one-man recession buster.
"I think everybody just ... thought, 'Oh, great cookie, great president—the world is a happy place. Barack's going to fix all the problems and if I have a bite of this cookie it's going to make me feel good,'" Maxfield said.
I think those cookies may contain hallucinogens. Probably washed down with a tall glass of Kool-Aid.

No comments: