Friday, December 03, 2010

"I Must Apologize For Not Being Absolutely Faultless Like He Undoubtedly Must Be"

On Monday this week, the MSNBC no-talent ratings albatross known as Keith Olbermann named Bristol Palin the "Worst Person in the World"...for being an advocate for sexual abstinence.

The irony - nay, the hypocrisy! - of an unwed teenage mother promoting such prudish behavior was simply too tempting for the simpleton to pass up.

To which the 'Pistol' replied:
Recently, a left wing commentator named Keith Olbermann attacked me for being a spokesperson for abstinence education and for being an Ambassador for the Candies Foundation, which promotes teen pregnancy awareness and prevention education. He went so far as to call me "the worst person" he knows, apparently, for my efforts to educate teenagers about the real world risks of premarital sex.

Accusing me of hypocrisy is by now, an old canard. What Mr. Olbermann lacks in originality he makes up for with insincere incredulity. Mr. Olbermann fails to understand that in order to have credibility as a spokesperson, it sometimes takes a person who has made mistakes. Parents warn their children about the mistakes they made so they are not repeated. Former gang members travel to schools to educate teenagers about the risks of gang life. Recovered addicts lecture to others about the risks of alcohol and drug abuse. And yes, a teen mother talks about the benefits of preventing teen pregnancy.

I have never claimed to be perfect. If that makes me the "worst person in the world" to Mr. Olbermann, then I must apologize for not being absolutely faultless like he undoubtedly must be.

To Mr. Olbermann let me say this: you can attack me all you want. But you will not stop me from getting my message out about teen pregnancy prevention. And one day, if you ever have a daughter, you may change your mind about me.

Bristol Palin
I guess Sarah is not the only Palin whose weapon of choice for slaying adversaries is the dreaded Facebook note.

h/t: The Right Scoop. Cross-posted.

No comments: