Friday, July 25, 2008

Drunken Milwaukee Man Shoots His Lawnmower

Every guy out there must know what this guy went through, although it's probably not a good idea to mow the lawn after drinking all day. Or have access to a shotgun while drunk.
A 57-year-old south side man,who might still be struggling with a hangover, is charged today with shooting his lawn mower with a sawed-off shotgun.

"I'll tell you the truth," a complaint quotes an apparently inebriated Keith Walendowski. "I got pissed because my lawn mower wouldn't start, so I got my shotgun and shot it.

"I can do that. It's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want
," Walendowski told police.

Ignorance of the law, however, is not a legal defense.

Walendowski is charged with a felony count of possessing a short-barreled shotgun and a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct while armed. If convicted of both charges, he faces up to six years and nine months in prison.

The shooting occurred Wednesday at a home Walendowski shares with his mother in the 3500 block of S. Austin Street.

According to the complaint:

Walendowski had been drinking all morning. Around 9:30 a.m., he attempted to start his 21-inch Lawn-Boy. Unsuccessfully.

After shooting the mower, he went in his basement, where he was arrested by police.
H/T: Creeping Eruption at LGF.

Update: Thanks to Radical Ron for sending the link with this guy's photo.

Behold:

No comments: