Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Unless You Tweet It, Of Course

Am I the only one who finds this a little strange?
At 5:38 p.m. this afternoon, actor Jim Carrey tweeted: “Jenny and I have just ended our 5yr relationship. I’m grateful 4 the many blessings we’ve shared and I wish her the very best! S’okay! ?;^>”

Given the Carrey is, to say the least, a tad bit of a prankster, Speakeasy weren’t sure if the “Yes Man” actor was being truthful or not about the end of his relationship with actress and autism activist Jenny McCarthy. He could have been pulling the social-media version of a Jack “Post-It” Berger breakup. So we contacted his publicist, who confirmed that Carrey’s (”tweetment”) was legit, telling us via email: “Jim and Jenny have recently decided to end their five year relationship. They are grateful for the many blessings they have shared and wish each other the very best.”
I've found some interesting folks on Twitter, enjoy following it for news and some occasional chatter, but I think the last thing I'd do is announcing intimate personal news or a breakup. Is this what publicists are for?

No comments: