Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Great Moments in Mets History: Keith Hernandez Falls Asleep During Game



Ironically, I also dozed off during the Mets game the other day. Their play is really that dull. I mean how many times can you watch David Wright flail wildly at pitches two feet out of the strike zone before you just pass out?

At least I had an excuse since I was firmly ensconced in my comfy recliner. Keith Hernandez was actually doing the brodcast. I love his reaction when they wake him up.
One of baseball's guiltiest pleasures is sneaking in a nap when you're watching weekend baseball on the couch. New York Mets announcer Keith Hernandez apparently shares my belief because he snuck in a self-described "cat nap" during the extra innings of Saturday's 5-4 win over the San Francisco Giants.

I can't say that I blame Mr. Mustache for taking some quick shuteye because announcing so many games per year as a member of a great broadcasting team has to get tiring.

No comments: