Tuesday, May 11, 2010

'She's Basically a Short Man With Boobs'

Aw, what a happy couple. And no, the one on the right is not Mason Reese. Of course if you or I called her a "short man with boobs" you'd be branded a homophobe or something.
As Cynthia Nixon juggles motherhood and relationships in the upcoming "Sex and the City 2," the actress also faces her own similar struggle off-screen.

In the June issue of Advocate, Nixon opens up about her decision to come out and what life is like with fiancée, Christine Marinoni.

"It wasn't something in me that was waiting to come out," she explains. "It was like, this person is undeniable. How can I let this person walk by?"

Nixon, 44, began dating Marinoni in 2004, one year after splitting from her partner of 15 years, photographer Danny Mozes, with whom she has two children, Samantha, 13, and Charles, 7.

"If anybody, prior to my meeting and falling in love with Christine, had asked me about what I think about sexuality, I would have said I think we're all bisexual," the actress says. "But I had that point of view without ever having felt attracted to a woman. I had never met a woman I was attracted to [before Christine]. And maybe if I'd met her when I was 20, I would have fallen in love and only dated women. But maybe if I'd met her at 20, I wouldn't have responded at all. Who knows?"
Thanks for clearing that up. She certainly doesn't sound confused about anything.
Though many of Nixon's fans were used to seeing her with the fabulously dressed women of "Sex and the City," many were taken aback with Marinoni's masculine appearance – a trait the actress says she finds most appealing.

"She's basically a short man with boobs," Nixon says. "A lot of what I love about her is her butchness. I'm not saying I fell in love with her in a sexually neutral way. I love her sexuality – it's a big part of what I love about her – but I feel like it was her.

No comments: