Friday, December 18, 2009

O'Reilly Chugs the Obama Kool-Aid

For a guy whose own network is under withering assault by the left and the White House in particular, blowhard Bill O'Reilly has no shame in showing up at the White House and slobbering like a schoolboy over the Obamas. It's bad enough we've got 99% of the media smitten with these thugs. Now we get an "objective" personality like O'Reilly gushing over them.

Uh, Bill, kiss your credibility goodbye.
One of the good things about being a media loudmouth is that occasionally you get invited somewhere you actually want to go. This year, I was lucky enough to get an invitation to the White House media holiday party which would have been called a Christmas party if U.S. Grant was still president.
Dude, it wasn't luck. They know a useful idiot when they see one.
Anyway, this is the fourth time I've attended the annual event, and I count myself very fortunate. I love the White House; it symbolizes the greatness of America. The courage and goodness that has been displayed inside this residence ever since John Adams moved in has dramatically changed the world for the better.

Last year, President and Mrs. Bush hosted their final party, and it was fairly extravagant. This year, the crowd was much smaller and the atmosphere toned down a bit, perhaps because of the government spending controversy and the recession.
Or maybe because they shot their wad on the tent party a couple of weeks ago, when they had those "uninvited" guests, the Salahis (hey, whatever happened to that story, by the way?)
My brief meeting with President and Mrs. Obama went well. Even though I have challenged the president on a number of occasions, I believe I have been fair to him. We chatted briefly and he said that I looked to be in better shape than the last time we saw each other. I said that's because he's keeping me on my toes.

Michelle Obama, whom I had never met, was stunning. She was warm and kind to my ten-year-old daughter and gracious to me. My quick assessment of her: Strong, charismatic, and beautiful.
Stunning? Huh?

He goes on to regale us about how he alone helped refurbish the image of racial arsonist Al Sharpton by fawning over him on his program.

Nice work, chump.

Bye-bye, Bill. Nice knowing you. Have a good time trying to regain your street cred on the right. I just can never understand these people who try to cozy up with those who want to destroy them. Does O'Reilly think for a second Obama and Sharpton wouldn't do anything to get him off the air? These are gangsters he's making nice-nice with and he'll be the last one to figure it out.

No comments: