Tuesday, December 01, 2009

'Help! Mom! Radicals Are Ruining My Country!'


We first mentioned this book a couple of weeks ago and we're happy to see it now getting some mainstream media coverage. Oh wait, this link is to Fox News, so I guess that doesn't count.
While Sarah Palin is certainly making waves with her own best-selling book “Going Rogue,” the former governor and vice presidential candidate is also in the spotlight with a cameo appearance as a heroine in the recently released children’s book “Help! Mom! Radicals Are Ruining My Country!”

In the book written by Katharine DeBrecht, “Governor Sarah” (a character based on Palin) attempts to help two young boys hold onto their dream of a swing-set business which is struggling as a result of high taxes, heavy regulations and 246 czars.

“I am trying to let all Americans know that these radicals are killing the American Dream and I want to stop them from hurting people that produce products and provide jobs,” the Palin character consoles the frustrated boys after their business is destroyed by “Marxus Obunduf” who is based on President Obama.

“I used Palin because I wanted to point out that there is nothing wrong with standing up for your values regardless of who attacks you,” DeBrecht told Foxnews.com. “The book also shows that “Marxus” and his radicals are basically killing the American Dream in their grab for power. I want to tell kids that they can achieve their dreams by working hard and not relying on the government to help them.”
What a radical concept.

No comments: