Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Barney Frank Passes on Weiner

The jokes just write themselves.
Citing his own brush with sexual scandal, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said Tuesday that he's in no position to judge the lurid actions of colleague Anthony Weiner.

"Given these circumstances, where I was myself engaged in activity I shouldn't have been … I just don't think it's appropriate for me to set myself up as the judge of others," Frank told reporters in the Capitol Tuesday.

Frank said he wouldn't dodge the issue if it comes up for a vote in the House, "but to step up and appoint myself a judge of other people based on my own past, I just don't think it's appropriate," he said.
Another mixed blessing from the Weiner scandal. It's also resulted in a glorious silence unheard of from Chuckie Schumer since he first graced us with his presence in Congress back in 1983.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Best blog post title ever.

aquila6 said...

This is obviously the first Weiner Frank hasn't been interested in.

NeoKong said...

Uh hoh geez.....

rich b said...

Bawney Fwank, Chuckie Schumer, Anthony Weiner, and of course the grand champion of all.... Billly Jeff Clinton - anyone see a connection or anything in common here?